The Untold Secret To Mastering Engagement
When you decide to start building your visibility there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
1) It takes time to become visible, or even for your connections to start engaging correctly. Consistent action over three months should bring results. One to three posts per day to create a splash, give value and if possible, do as much live video as you can- it is the most powerful tool for connection.
2) Give more than ask. Since your audience is not yet “trained” to engage, if you ask a question and no one replies, you might get discouraged and give up, when in fact you are simply not in a position to expect conversation. Time and consistency. Consistency and time.
3) Do not wait for anyone to validate your efforts. Keep doing what you are doing WITHOUT expectations. This is a long game, people. But the rewards will be sweet at the end. Think of exercising a muscle, will the 6-pack show after a couple of days working out, no matter how hard?
4) Do not dismiss my advice. It is just as real as it gets. If you do not believe me, you will only end up disappointed as you have built up false assumptions and expectations.
But with slow improvements, every day, inevitably you will see considerable results in the long run. It is the only way this will work!
Over time you will have more drive as you start seeing real results. But just like in the video above, when you plant a seed, it takes time for it to show the shoots and then even more time to become strong and stand tall! Right now, you are planting a seed…
5) Do not compare yourself with someone who is not in the same place as you in their journey. It is counter-productive. Those who are already rocking it started somewhere, and trust me went through the same insecurities, resistances and struggles that you are going through right now. NO ONE skips this stage, and in fact, it is the one that feels the longest as the results are not visible straight away. Remember what I said in number 4!
6) Get busy connecting to new people, so you can getting noticed authentically
This will also help you analyse your audience better, get more clear on who you serve and look out for their common traits. Their beliefs. Their interests.
Join groups that promote those interests and beliefs. Send friend requests and talk to people. If none of your posts gets engagement, this means either you have a wrong audience, or it is just too small and too passive. And they may not see your posts as two of you have not engaged enough!
It is easy to say, “well, it must be the wrong audience”! But have you been engaging with them or just talking at them? Which is a form of hiding, by the way! So to get noticed authentically, you need to make the first move and connect to people on a more personal level.
Go through your friend list, pick 30 those you at least look like you would love to work with (but remember, we truly never know) and go comment on their posts, post something on to their walls, send them personal messages – just to say hello or thank them for something they shared – you need to connect to them on a personal level, not to pitch anything or invite to join your group or any other self-centred stuff…
Connect to CONNECT first, convert later, and those conversions will start happening much faster and easier!
And do not do it all at once.
Take three people per day and do one of those actions to each of them. Engage that algorithm! As you connect and get busier, the effect is that your own posts get more engaged with. It is a reciprocity thing, you acknowledge them as real people behind the profile picture and you get noticed by them on a completely different level.
It is THAT simple.
Check out some of the ways I can guide you in the footer below.
Splenic Projector 1/3
YOUR VISIBILITY GUIDE
Juliette Stapleton is a Visibility Strategist for coaches and experts. She teaches how to attract clients online, creating your OWN marketing experience that feels good, easy and aligned with who you are and brings results.
Juliette has been featured in Forbes and several major business and marketing podcasts, like SocialChatter, 365Driven, Rising Tide, iHeart Radio, and Confident Live. She is an active contributor to world-leading online publications, such as Entrepreneur.com Influencive, Addicted2Success, Thrive Global, Good Men Project and many more.
She lives in Tallinn, Estonia.